Wednesday 7 April 2010

WWG Taxis

Last week I reviewed the WWG sedan cars and I mentioned just what a versatile model it was. Here, I take a look at one of the sedan car variants - the taxi. Like the two sedan cars reviewed last week, these two taxis can be found in the Mayhem Bank set.
I'd just like to point out a small flaw in the vehicle design, which can clearly be seen in this photo above. Notice how the two front wheels curve inwards. This should not be possible on a real car. I suppose it could be corrected but it seems like too much effort for a flaw that very few people would notice. From a distance or from the side the vehicle seems fine.
I applaud the decision to produce two versions of the taxi - one all yellow and the other, yellow and white. Variety is good. It is clear that Mayhem City has at least two taxi firms operating. You can also see that these cars are filthy dirty and could do with a trip to the car wash. Hmm, car wash - there's an idea for a new set.
The only real difference between these vehicles and the sedan cars, other than the paint schemes, is of course, the inclusion of the taxi signs on the roofs. Both signs are identical.

These are useful additions to my fleet of vehicles. They also show that the designers at World Works Games listen to what their fans want. Before the Mayhem Bank set was released I was one of a number of people requesting the release of taxis on the WWG forum. And lo, it came to pass! Not only did they release these modern day taxis but in the same set is a design for a 1930's style taxi. How cool is that?

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking taxis. I imagine some of the crummy taxis in NYC have wheels that urn in whether they should or not so I wouldn't sorry about it, lol.

    I'm dying to try some of this WWG stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, if what you say is true, Roger, I think I'll avoid taking a taxi ride in New York, lol!

    Let me know when you get started, my friend, and don't be afraid to ask for advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now they need a checker cab like the one that Borgnine drives in Escape from New York!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bryan,
    I'm thinking it is about time for me to acquire a few vampire and werewolf figures in 28mm and 15mm both. So the first thought is to ask you what the best place is to get some that do not require conversion. I figure my games are screwy enough to work them in just about any time and I thought it would be fun. Thanks
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willy, your timing couldn't have been better. I'll be reviewing the Horrorclix vampires in my next post and the Horrorclix werewolves very soon. For cheapness, Horrorclix is your best bet. If you'd like to e-mail me your home address I can send you a bunch of Horrorclix vampires and werewolves (and zombies if you want them). I don't want any money for them as I have loads of swaps (far more than I'll ever need!). Consider it a gift for being such a good friend.

    Late last year I bought a whole bunch of horror figures from Heresy Miniatures (zombies, ghouls, vampires and a werewolf). They are all excellent figures. For modern day vampires and werewolves I recommend looking at the West Wind Road Kill range, which also includes vamps and weres on motorbikes. They also make a great range of more traditional Victorian vampires and werewolves. To be honest, I've only scratched the surface here. But for starters, Horrorclix is your best bet, followed by West Wind, I'd say. My blog WILL be covering most ranges of vampires and werewolves both past and present as I have a vast collection of both... although not as big a collection as my zombies, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bryan,
    That is very nice of you. On your past advice I checked out the horrorclix figs and purchased a small smattering of them when I found them ridiculously cheap. I'll snap a shot of what I got and email it to you so you can see what I have. I still need to re-base these puppies when I get a chance.
    Conversely, if there is anything you need from the states I can help you there. Come to think of it, did you need some die cast cars? I think I saw them back on the shelves recently.

    ReplyDelete