I have a bit of bad news to report. My camera has died. I had a Nikon D40 digital SLR (Single Lens Reflex) camera and after ten years of faithful use it has ceased to function and shed its mortal coil. Photography is such an important part of my hobby and I need a decent camera for my blog. So, I have ordered a new one from Amazon UK. This time I'm going for a Canon EOS 1200D digital SLR camera. I've used cameras by Canon and Nikon before and I wouldn't dream of buying anything else. It has cost me £225, which is a lot of money but that is reduced from £400, which was a hell of a saving. Plus, this model is the #1 best seller for cameras on Amazon. I'm hoping it won't take me too long to get used to it as I have a stack of photos I need to take. I was expecting it to arrive yesterday but it didn't. Hopefully, I'll get it early next week. It's just as well that I'm very patient.
My painting mojo is at a peak at the moment. Here is a list of all of the figures I have painted this month -
- 3 Ainsty Weird Wild West Heroes
- 3 Ainsty Weird Wild West Villains (vampire, werewolf and zombie)
- 4 Assorted contemporary sheriff and deputies (for Scooby Doo)
- 7 Crooked Dice Games coppers (6 male, 1 female)
- 5 Crooked Dice Games detectives
- 2 Crooked Dice Games gang bosses
- 4 Crooked Dice Games guard dogs
- 1 Crooked Dice Games 3rd Doctor Who (aka Jon Pertwee)
- 1 Crooked Dice Games April O'Neil conversion (friend of the TMNT)
- 1 Mantic Games Splinter (mentor of the TMNT)
- 4 My Way Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- 6 Zombicide: Black Plague Survivors
- 11 Zombicide: Black Plague Zombies (includes the Necromancer)
|"Fire up the Quattro!"|
With all of the painting I've been doing there has been less time left for gaming. However I still managed to play a few more games of Ninja All Stars and Zombicide: Black Plague. Gaming is back down to one game per week, despite my hope to play twice weekly, but I'm okay with that. More time spent painting means I'm reducing my unpainted figures mountain. Yay me! Currently on my painting table are 10 EM4 pre-painted Wild West figures (I just need to texture and paint their bases), 7 assorted dogs by various companies and an SDE Chibi figure of Vampirella that I converted, following on from a suggestion by Jez. After that lot I'll either paint some more of my Zombicide: Black Plague zombies or make a start on some of my Rum 'n' Bones pirates.
I do hope I can show some of my newly painted figures next time. If not, I have a few filler posts planned instead. Tune in next Wednesday.