Thursday 26 July 2018

DMH The Graceful Seven

As soon as I saw this set of The Graceful Seven from Great Escape Games' Dead Man's Hand range, I knew I had to buy them. They are listed under the DMH Collectibles (Stronghold Terrain) section and they cost £32.00 for all seven figures. A group of gunfighter saloon girls was just what I wanted, although I was a bit surprised they weren't called The Saucy Seven! I guess The Graceful Seven is  more tasteful.The one thing that I was slightly concerned about is no scale was given for them. However, all was fine when I received them and discovered they were about 30mm tall. I named them all and gave them stats for Six Gun Sound. Let's have a closer look at them.
At the far left is Goldie "Dusty" Cole, a Rep:5 Gunslinger with the Marksman and Tough Attributes, who is armed with a 12 Gauge Scattergun.
Second from the left is Lydia "The Cheat" King, a Rep:4 Gunslinger with the Marksman and Expert Gambler Attributes, who is armed with a Smith and Wesson .32 Pistol.
Moving on, is Irene "Lucky" Fry, a Rep:4 Gunslinger with the Marksman and Lucky Attributes, who is armed with a Colt .45 Peacemaker Pistol.
In the centre is Grace "Big Gun" Mullen, a Rep:5 Gunslinger with the Marksman and Quick Reflexes Attributes, armed with a Long-Barrelled Colt .45 Buntline Pistol.
The plump red-headed lady is Abbie "Brawn" Savage, a Rep:5 Gunslinger with the Marksman and Brawler Attributes, who is armed with a 12 Gauge Scattergun. She is my favourite figure out of this group.
Second from the right is Susie "Shootout" Lester, a Rep:5 Gunslinger with the Marksman and Crackshot Attributes, who is armed with a Colt .45 Pistol.
Finally, is Genevieve "Songbird" Hogan, a Rep:4 Gunslinger with the Marksman and Resilient Attributes, who is armed with a Colt .45 Pistol.
Knuckleduster's "California Kate"
Note that these are all Grunts and that I haven't nominated any of them as the Star Leader. I had planned on making Grace "Big Gun" Mullen the leader but when I was checking out the Knuckleduster Gunfighters' Ball range of figures I saw this figure to the left. She is called "California Kate" and I thought she'd be a perfect leader for this gang, although if I did add her I'd have to rename the gang. So, the gang will now be known as The Elegant Eight.
I could have made these ladies a gang of outlaws but I prefer the idea of them being Gunslingers in the style of The Magnificent Seven. I plan on basing them in the Sassy Gal saloon, made by 4Ground, a most impressive building.
As for the figures, they are very beautiful sculpts and look quite delicate. I do like that they come with various weapons instead of all being armed identically. I should point out that there is one potential problem with them and that is they come with separate hands and weapons. The hands have very small plugs at their wrists to fit into very small holes on the wrists of the arms. I glued them with superglue and when the glue was dry I added more superglue for extra strength. Mine fitted together better than I expected but it could be a problem to some. Be warned!
I'm busy painting "California Kate" right now and she'll be a Rep:5 Gunslinger Star with the Born Leader, Marksman and True Grit Attributes. I am very much looking forward to using them in a batrep but that will be later rather than sooner as I've yet to get the Sassy Gal Saloon. However, it is high up on my "to buy" list.

24 comments:

  1. The painting on these figures Bryan looks great, they should feel quite at home in the saloon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you most kindly, Dave. The Sassy Gal Saloon looks tailor made for them.

      Delete
  2. A cracking bit of paint work Bryan, you certainly have an eye for the Ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great looking gang. Elegant Eight sounds solid. California Kate is a sweet model. Looking forward to seeing you paint her up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, HP. "California Kate" is almost finished, so I hope to show her off soon.

      Delete
  4. Saloon girls with guns, sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh very nice Bryan....I might have to get some of these to add to my cowgirl strip club. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, mate. They'd fit in so well in your cowgirl strip club.

      Delete
  6. Great stuff Bryan, really colourful bunch of gals' The Sassy Gal Saloon sounds like the sort of place where you always remember to "tip your waitresses!" ;-)

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. California Kate and the Elegant Eight, eh?
    Nice painted ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just got myself Six Gun Sound - Blaze of Glory of the Internet. Haven't read them yet, but they look a very promising set of rules. I did scroll back to your 2016 post on the rules, for some info, so cheers for the heads up and review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you again, Roy. I hope you are well. As you know, I'm a huge fan of Six Gun Sound - Blaze of Glory. It is a lot more detailed than most THW games, and that's what I like the most about it.

      Delete
  9. These are great Bryan. You do such a great job of collecting like minded minis to put a campaign together. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so kindly, Roger. This whole project is a labour of love for me as it is something I've wanted to do for many years.

      Delete
  10. Well done. More Wild west goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They certainly bring to mind the Honky Tonk bar dance and Saloon card game gals. Give em a shooter and there ya go. Perfect. Well done Bryan on the acquisition of such a fine collection along with the paint jobs..;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very kind of you to say so, SW. I will admit that these are some of my favourite Wild West figures.

      Delete
  12. Wow those are cracking models. Nice brushwork on them as well!

    ReplyDelete