Sunday 21 October 2018

Zomtober 2018 part 3 - The Grimes Family

For week 3 of the Zomtober 2018 challenge I present the heroes of The Walking Dead stories in both the comics and the TV series - the Grimes family. Here are three more 32mm scale survivor figures from The Walking Dead skirmish game wave 1 starter boxed set, produced by Mantic Games.
At the far left is Rick Grimes, a deputy sheriff who, at the start of the story, is shot whilst attempting to arrest a fleeing criminal. He wakes up from a coma to find a world very different to what he remembered. The zombie apocalypse has begun and nothing will ever be the same again. He seeks out his wife and son and finds them with a group  of other survivors on the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia. His figure is armed with a hand axe and a police issue 9mm pistol. He can be used as either a Marksman or a Tactician in the game and he is the leader of any group he is in.
In the centre of the group is Rick's wife, Lori, who was forced to flee when the zombie outbreak began, believing her husband to be lost or dead. Lori is not armed and is classed as a Support member of any group she is in.
At the far right is Rick and Lori's son, Carl. Although his figure is shown armed with a 9mm pistol, he is also classed as a Support member of his group.
As the story progressed new figures for Rick, Lori and Carl were introduced but these are the three figures starting players of the game will use the most, especially Rick. As with all of this range, they are superbly well sculpted, full of detail and an absolute joy to paint.

28 comments:

  1. Great minis again. Though I really hate Carl Grimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on them all! I love Carl especially in the comics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Simon. I'm sorry to say I'm not a fan of Carl, but each to their own.

      Delete
  3. Lovely sculpts and effectively painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice trio Bryan! All my Walking Dead figures are still stashed away in the mountain of stuff to do, but I agree they do look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry. When you do get round to unboxing them I hope you find them as enjoyable to paint as I did.

      Delete
  5. Great work Bryan! The Walking Dead figures are nice figures, though, I never bought any myself, was about to before I suffered the stroke in August. I do have tons of Zomicide figures, though, and posted my week 3 effort on the blog a little while ago
    https://the-quick-and-the-zed.blogspot.com/2018/10/zomtober-week-3-late-to-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Major. I'm so sorry to hear of your stroke. Here's hoping you make a good recovery. I checked out your link and that's a nice collection of zombies you've painted. I wish you all the best.

      Delete
  6. These 3 are also in my painting queue. I just hope mine come out as well when I get round to them..... But I already think they possibly will not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clint. I look forward to seeing your paint jobs on the Grimes family. Don't be too harsh on yourself - you're a very good painter!

      Delete
  7. Well done Bryan! Your detail on Lori's shirt is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greatly appreciated, Ivor. The Mantic painter gave Lori a two-colour chequered shirt - blue and black but I added a light blue where the black stripes and hoops met to make the shirt pop even more. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  8. Ha - Ivor took the words to right out of my mouth. Nice trio but as usual I've not read the book or seen the film - such a sheltered life - sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, John, you certainly have led a sheltered life. Whether you'd enjoy the comics or TV series would depend very much on what you think of zombie apocalypse series. Obviously, I'm a big fan of them but I know they're not to everyone's liking.

      Delete
  9. Nice. I love your presentation. The Grimes family makes a good addition to your collection. The miniatures from the Walking Dead game are fun to paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you most kindly, sir. The figures are indeed great fun to paint.

      Delete
  10. Iconic figures, nicely done. Not much else I can say, really...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work. I really like Lori's shirt. I chickened out of doing the chequered pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kieron and totally understandable about chickening out on the chequered pattern of Lori's shirt. I won't deny, it was a challenge.

      Delete
  12. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete