Friday 30 November 2018

Vampifans Views 113 - Monthly Musings 83

Greetings, one and all, to another of my Monthly Musings. As usual, I'm starting with another Sanjulian painting of Vampirella, whose work I have been featuring all year. This is a beautiful piece of artwork that I am most impressed with.

November has been a very good month for me. In my past few posts, I have been reviewing the Firefly Adventures: Brigands and Browncoats game. The game is very good and I plan on playing many more games of it. Having bought the two Crew expansions sets, they will improve it immeasurably. Extra Crew and new Jobs greatly add to the re-playability of the game, which is no bad thing.

I have finished my Zomtober and Zomvember challenges for this year. Concentrating on making a start on my collection of The Walking Dead figures certainly revived my enthusiasm for the game. The biggest problem I have with these monthly painting challenges is that they are only meant to last one month and then a new one comes along. For me, as soon as Zomtober ended I wanted to carry on painting more of my The Walking Dead figures, which is what I did. Having completed all of the wave 1 figures, I have now turned my attention to the scenery items. I'm working on the 3D barricades and supplies. I have ordered a few scenery sets from Mantic Games for the game as well as the Here's Negan spin-off game. One of the scenery items I ordered was Hershel's barn, which will fit in very well in Wild West games as well as contemporary games.

Currently on my painting table are a mix of sci-fi figures. I'm painting figures from Gerry Anderson's Captain Scarlet and UFO TV series (both produced by Crooked Dice Games) as I decided it was long overdue that I plug a few holes in my collections of them. In addition, I am also painting the newest figures from the Strontium Dogs skirmish game by Warlord Games. I have also been painting more 3D scenery items that my brother has printed out for me to use in a variety of games.

For my WOIN games, I have rebased and repainted some more of my old sci-fi figures to use in my The Ace of Spades Campaign. I have also made a start on creating characters from the Judge Dredd and Worlds of 2000 AD book. As you may well be aware, I have a huge collection of Judge Dredd themed figures, so I have loads to create character stats for. Fortunately, character creation is something I very much enjoy doing so it is no great hardship - it's just very time-consuming.
Thanks for reading and all the best to you.

13 comments:

  1. Great round up of what you've done this month Bryan, and also highlighting what we are likely to see in the coming month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks indeed, Dave. I have much to look forward to and much to keep me busy.

      Delete
  2. Well someone's going to be a busy boy! but then he always is.

    I too really like that painting, nice tiger.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roger. You should know by now that I do love to keep busy.

      Adding the tiger to the painting really made it stand out for me. They are such beautiful animals.

      Delete
  3. You've had a good productive month Bryan, funny to hear you say about how you enjoy character creation as its something I also enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Frank. I have been creating and designing PCs and NPCs for so many years now and I never tire of doing it. I know some people find it a chore. I'm glad you enjoy it too. :-)

      Delete
  4. Crikey another months been and gone, you seem to pack so much in to it, I have to say I wish I was as productive.
    Another nice painting, a joy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, John. Keeping busy helps keep me sane and staves off boredom.
      It certainly is a delightful painting.

      Delete
  5. Awesome. Yes it does help motivate. Just go with the flow. I to am looking forward to Here's Negan arriving next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simon. I, too, am looking forward to receiving my copy of "Here's Negan". It should be a nice early Christmas present for me.

      Delete
  6. Really happy to come across this blog, as I've just started to get into Judge Dredd miniatures

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome on board, John. I'm a massive Judge Dredd fan and have big plans for it on my WOIN blog for 2019 when I get the new RPG rulebook.

      Delete
  7. Hi Everyone,This was how me and my Boyfriend became VAMPIRES. I got a guy from the internet called Lord who was a VAMPIRE so i told him that me and my boyfriend would love to become a VAMPIRES so he asked me of my Name ,Country, Age ,State , address and in the next 3 days i got the blood sample through the DHL which me and my boyfriend took in the blood into our body and in the next 30 minutes we turned into a VAMPIRE so if you are interested in becoming a VAMPIRE. First: Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books, Sure. I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete