Wednesday 14 November 2018

Zomvember 2018 part 3 - Zombies

These 8 zombie figures were part of the Kickstarter boxed set for the wave 1 releases of The Walking Dead game by Mantic Games. Although they did not appear in the top tray of figures that I painted for the Zomtober challenge, they were included in the bottom tray, which also included all the cards and scenery items. Six of them are duplicates of zombies in the top tray and two are unique sculpts.
These four zombies are all duplicates but I have given them different paint jobs and some of them have been converted. The zombie wearing the baseball cap at the far left simply had a different paint job done to him as I painted his clothes in faded denims. He has lost his left arm and his lower torso has been ripped open, so his internal organs are spilling out.
For the female next to him I repositioned her arms by bending them at the elbows by holding her over the flame of a candle for a few seconds to soften the plastic. Once I'd repositioned the arms I dunked her in a glass of cold water to harden the plastic again. Then I painted her in a different colour scheme to the first figure of her. She has had half of her face bitten off.
For the female in the black miniskirt, I took my inspiration for her colour scheme from Clint, when he painted her for his Zomtober challenge. See here - http://clint-anythingbutaone.blogspot.com/2018/10/zombtober-04-18.html
Many thanks, Clint! She has numerous cuts and bites and has lost her right arm.
I cut the left arm of the zombie female at the far right off at the elbow then gave her a new colour scheme. This was a very simple conversion.
For the zombie at the far left, I modelled a gaping hole in his stomach and added the intestines spilling out from thin sausages of Milliput. Once painted it looks very effective and is a really simple conversion to do.
The zombie next to him was also converted. I simply cut his left hand off with a scalpel. Cutting limbs off zombies is the easiest way to convert them. His gaping stomach wound with spilling intestines was a part of the original figure.
Finally, we come to the two non-duplicate figures and they're both females. For the one second from the right, I painted her in a pastel green hospital gown. Note the bandage around her left hand. I reckon she must have been killed whilst in hospital and then reanimated. Her left cheek has been bitten off.
Last up is a zombie lurching forward rather awkwardly. Her face is very emaciated, suggesting she's been dead for quite some time. She has a couple of bullet wounds in her back but no exit wounds in her chest, so they were probably low calibre bullets that hit her.
I really had a lot of fun painting these and I have another eight zombies to show in my next post.

22 comments:

  1. Great looking walkers Bryan, some great little conversions as well to add variation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Dave. I do enjoy converting zombies to add extra variety to my horde.

      Delete
  2. How many zombies now inhabit Chateau Vampi?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good question, Phil, and the honest answer is I don't know. For contemporary zombies I'd guess about 1,500. Add in fantasy zombies, Wild West zombies and sci-fi zombies and I reckon you could add another 500 to that total.

      Delete
  3. As always Bryan your work is very impressive but what was even more impressive was when I read your reply to Phil on the amount of Z's you have, to say that a massive hoard would be an understatement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you most kindly, Frank. Ever since I first saw "Dawn of the Dead" for the first time at a cinema in 1978 I have been fascinated by zombies and I have been collecting miniatures of them ever since. So that's 40 years of collecting and that's why my horde is so huge.

      Delete
  4. Great job on your latest additions to your horde.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice figs as usual Bryan, I think I should stop visiting you blog, as I have to say that I actually think the third zombie lady along the top row (in the black skirt) is probably the cutest undead gal I've seen!! (I know what! I think it's the face on her), lovely work.

    I'm off to seek medical advise now!

    Thanks for dragging me down to this level (I think) Cheers Roger :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, Roger, I said a very similar thing on Clint's blog when I saw her. She may be a zombie but goddammit, she is so cute! What does this say about us? I think we both need to see a doctor!

      Delete
  6. Another gruesome bunch, well done. Although I do worry a bit about you living with 2000 zombies, it must be very crowded for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John. It is crowded with so many zombies but what's even more worrying and scary is the collection of clowns I have. They are far more frightening than 2,000 zombies! :-0

      Delete
  7. very formidable looking zombies. I suspect you now have enough for any game you would choose to put on. Bet that does not stop you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right on all points, mate.

      Delete
  8. These are great! Love your simple style and the touches of gore that sets the paintjob off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you imagine seeing 1500 zed son a board at once! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No question about it, Andy, it would be a hell of an impressive sight!

      Delete
  10. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete