Friday 7 December 2018

Mantic Games The Walking Dead Scenery Items 01

Even though the Zomtober and Zomvember challenges are over, I'm still painting stuff from The Walking Dead game by Mantic Games. Having painted all of the wave 1 figures I next turned my attention to the scenery items that are supplied with the boxed starter set. In it you get 3D models of barricades, objective pieces and vehicles to replace the card counters that also come in the set. I have painted all of the barricades and objective tokens and I'll be showing them here. I've yet to start painting the four vehicles but they are high up on my "to do" list.
You get six barricades with two of each design. The front of the barricades are shown to the left of Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes, whom I have included for scale purposes. This barricade is made up of  a wooden wall supported by five wooden crates.
The next barricade is made up of four sheets of metal panels resting against piles of breeze bricks and tyres.
The third type of barricade is made of two metal fences resting against wooden planks and a couple of traffic cones.
This photo above shows the various objective items. There are five basic designs of which you get two of each of them - wooden crates, metal cans, suitcases and backpacks. In addition, is one special objective - the bag of guns that Rick grabs from his old police station. This is used in a couple of scenarios as the main objective that must be found.
Although designed specifically for The Walking Dead, they are all generic enough to be used in any contemporary or near future games. They are very useful items and far better than the card counters they are meant to replace.

15 comments:

  1. Really nicely done sir! and items that are sadly often overlooked by many gamers, should enhance your games a treat!!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Roger. You're absolutely right. It is scenery items like these that help bring a game to life.

      Delete
  2. Nice work Bryan they all turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you most kindly, Simon. It was quite a coincidence that we both decided to paint these at the same time. :-)

      Delete
  3. The kind of stuff that brings a gaming table to live Bryan & as always a cracking paint job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Frank. I totally agree with you.

      Delete
  4. I'm a big fan of this type of scatter terrain, it all looks good and will come in very useful. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't get more table time than many of your figures.
    Your grim and gritty paint job has worked a treat on these, I'm quite envious.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much appreciated, John. I suspect you'll be right about the amount of use I'll get out of these items. :-)
      Grim and gritty works so well for a zombie apocalypse.

      Delete
  5. Great looking scenery Bryan! Reminds me I need to paint the scenery items I've had lying around for the past year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Major. Get them painted, mate. You can never have too much scenery.

      Delete
  6. Great painting on the scenery Bryan, could see uses for these from modern all the way through apocalypse settings as well as the walking dead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave. You're absolutely right, and is why I love items you can get multiple uses from.

      Delete
  7. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete