Saturday 22 September 2018

Knuckleduster Wild West Starter Faction

Knuckleduster Miniatures produce a superb range of 32mm scale Wild West figures for their Gunfighters Ball range that, as far as I'm concerned, are second only in quality to the Tombstone range produced by Black Scorpion. As well as selling individual figures, they also sell faction sets, which usually consist of six figures and these are better value than buying the figures individually. The faction sets cost £18.50 for six figures as opposed to paying £21.00 if you bought the same six figures individually. Obviously, the first faction set I bought was this one here - the starter faction. It does contain six figures but I'm only showing five of them here. The missing figure - Honest John - will appear in another post real soon. He has joined another faction.
At the far left is "Rowdy Jack" Ferguson, a cowboy. He is armed with a .44 Colt Army Revolver. Next to him, is his his good friend, "Buck-tooth" Billy Watkins. He is armed with a pair of .44 Colt Army Revolvers. In the centre of the group is hired gunfighter, "Mysterious Dave" Mather. Dressed in a smart suit, he has notched up a few kills already. He, too, is armed with a .44 Colt Army Revolver.
Second from the right is bartender Bob O'Neill who is armed with a 12 gauge Double-Barrelled Shotgun, which he no doubt keeps handy behind his bar. At the far right is "California Kate" Knox, who took over the leadership of "the Graceful Seven" and renamed them "the Elegant Eight." She is a Rep:5 Star with the Born Leader, Marksman and True Grit attributes in Six Gun Sound. She is armed with a .45 Colt Cavalry Revolver and a Knife.
These are really beautifully sculpted figures and I plan on collecting the complete range of them. My favourite figure here, has to be "California Kate," whom I had to add to my Graceful Seven gang as their leader. These are all one piece metal castings. Rather unusually, they come with MDF slottabases, which I like a lot more than plastic slottabases.

17 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike Bryan as Kate is my favorite one as well :)
    Do they do mounted model by any chance ? as BS only do them for the leaders & I'm finding the difference in size between the BS & Foundry range is just to much to use them side by side.

    Cracking paint job as always Bryan & I look forward to seen them in action :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS is their a site this side of the pond that does Knuckleduster stuff as I'm not a fan of ordering from the US ?

      Delete
    2. Hi, Frank, and thanks for the kind words. There are mounted versions of some of the factions but not all. So far, they do mounted versions of the cowboy, vaquero and outlaw factions. Prices are £37.50 for six figures on horseback.
      Knuckleduster Miniatures are an American company, however, Caliver Books, based in the UK, stock their full range and I order from them. Here's the link for them - http://www.caliverbooks.com/figures/catviewer.php?ld4ana670q98uksfb1utaf4mp4&producer=126&range=Gunfighers%20Ball&menu=2

      Delete
  2. I really like the bartender tbf, the apron paintjob is top notch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, nice minis!
    I didn't know anyone made mdf slotted bases. I think I'd like them better than plastic ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks FB. The MDF slottabases were new to me. Sadly, Knuckleduster don't sell them separately, but Warbases do. Here's a link for them - https://warbases.co.uk/?product=circular-slot-bases

      Delete
  4. Smashing work as always Bryan, how you produce so many top notch figures so quickly amazes me!

    Kate is top of the bunch though ;-)

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Roger. I do like to keep busy at all times and I always have plenty of figures on the go at any one time.

      Kate most certainly is the pick of the bunch!

      Delete
  5. I like the Dave Mather figure, I keep meaning to look up why he was mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John. I must admit, I'm also curious as to why Dave Mather is called "Mysterious?"

      Delete
  6. There are some nice figures there. No favourites but all very useable IF I were in a wild west mood I could be tempted to get them. But I do not (At present) play wild west very often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking set of figures Bryan, as you say very nice castings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Dave. They are lovely figures and full of character.

      Delete