Saturday 10 November 2018

Zomvember 2018 part 2 - The Walking Dead Survivors

Here are the last Survivor figures from the wave 1 of the releases for The Walking Dead skirmish game by Mantic Games. These are all named characters from the comic series and the TV series.
First up is Deputy Sheriff Rick Grimes on horseback. He found and used this horse to ride into Atlanta. On his back is a bag full of guns that he grabbed from his former police station. The ride into Atlanta went well but the return journey did not go so well and he lost the horse to a horde of zombies. It is an unusual figure that is of limited use but it is superbly sculpted.
Next up is Morgan Jones, who was the first human that Rick encountered after he woke up from his coma. Morgan is a good man but is haunted by the death of his wife, who returned to his home as a zombie. He helps Rick by explaining the zombie apocalypse that began when Rick was still in a coma but does not go with him to the survivor camp, preferring to stay at home with his son. He is armed with an axe and a rifle.
The figure of the boy is Duane Jones, the son of Morgan. When he first sees Rick, he wrongly assumes he is a zombie and he whacks Rick in the back of his head with his shovel, knocking Rick out. Sadly, Duane later gets attacked and killed by zombies. Morgan finds him and brings him back home and chains him up. He feeds him by shooting passing survivors.
Finally, is Brian Blake aka The Governor, leader of a group of survivors who reside in the ravaged town of Woodbury, Georgia. The Governor is charming and charismatic, but also murderous, violent, sociopathic, power-hungry, completely sadistic, and horrifically ruthless. He sees himself as the community's only hope for survival, and is thus willing to imprison, abuse and/or kill anyone he sees as a threat to his authority; for him, torture and mass murder are a means to an end. The figure of him portrays him before he meets with Rick's group. That first meeting does not go well for either side.
The figure of Rick on horseback can be found in the Rick on Horse booster pack, which also contains one zombie. Morgan and Duane appear in the Morgan booster, which also contains one zombie. Brian Blake appears in the Prelude to Woodbury Solo Starter Set, which is a stand alone supplement that contains figures of Brian, and five zombies, as well as rulebook, cards, counters and dice.

13 comments:

  1. Great collection of survivors Bryan, Rick riding on the horse is probably one of the most iconic scenes from the series. One of the things that the series and comic both highlight really well is the best and worst of humanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more, Dave. Well said.

      Delete
  2. Awesome job on those Bryan! I especially like Rick on horseback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Major. Yeah, I like the Rick on horseback figure as well.

      Delete
  3. Spiffing old boy spiffing I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Jones family sound an interesting pair ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they do, John. Morgan is at heart a good man but he does have plenty of complex issues.

      Delete
  5. Nice stuff Bryan, strangely the scene where Rick rides the horse into Atlanta and is attacked by zombies is the first(and only)one we ever saw from the series as my wife (a horse lover) stated "Well I don't want to watch this!!!" (and we never did).

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roger. As an animal lover myself I can fully understand your wive's attitude. She'll get no criticism from me.

      Delete
  6. Nice work mate. Especially on the horse. I am unsure how to tackle mine yet as never painted horses before and I have read they are bit trickier todo as mostly flat un textured surfaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Simon. Some people find horses hard to paint. Personally, I don't, and I quite enjoy painting them. I would recommend having good reference material at hand (like from Google Images) before you start painting.

      Delete
  7. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete